What is Mathletics?
- Is a digital learning resource designed to raise engagement and improve skills in maths.
- Provides a wide variety of maths games and activities for children of all ages and abilities.
- Is a safe platform on which children can compete with themselves, friends or even children in other countries.
- Is fun! Children can consolidate and learn a range of maths skills through engaging activities.
How does my child access Mathletics?
- Mathletics will run on most desktop / laptop computers and a free app is available for most tablets and iPads. (Unfortunately it will not work on mobile phones due to the limited screen size).
- The school has purchased a subscription for all children from Reception to Year 6 so that every child can log on from school or home.
- To access the website,www.mathletics.co.uk, your child will need his/her username and password, which you should have received in the November Autumn Term. (If you need reminding of your child’s username or password at any time, please contact your child’s class teacher or Miss Blyth in Dosbarth Porffor.
- If you have any difficulty logging in or using the website, Mathletics Technical Support should be able to help you and can be contacted on 0117 370 1990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not have access to the Internet you can use a computer at a local library free of charge. We will also be running weekly lunchtime Mathletics clubs for infant and junior children who are unable to access Mathletics at home.
How will we be using Mathletics in Alaw?
- Mathletics may be used as tool for homework.
- The Homework will be pitched to suit the ability of your child: background settings allow teachers to assign tasks in way that ensures differentiation.
- Teachers and children will use Mathletics to support some of their maths learning in-class when appropriate.