Home Page

Emergency child care

There is no longer a requirement for parents/carers of vulnerable  pupils to apply for emergency childcare on a weekly basis.


If a vulnerable child is currently registered and attending an emergency hub or a special school, their place will continue to be allocated for as long as it is required.


However, if a place is no longer required, they must e-mail so that hub lists can be kept up to date and staffed accordingly, and any associated transport (if applicable) can be cancelled.


The vulnerable learner/special school application form will remain on the RCT website for any new applications – i.e. for any vulnerable learner or special school child not currently accessing the emergency childcare provision, as new applicants need to go through an initial application and registration process.


Any new applicants who miss the online window for applying can e-mail